Waking up Well
Preparing for sleep the night before is the place to start. Quality sleep vs quantity is vital. A busy mind leading to broken sleep does not allow for a fresh mind on waking. Try some of these simple steps to help you sleep well and then wake well.
1. Use essential oils like Lavender, Marjoram, Vetiver or Sandalwood in a vaporiser at bedtime to help you switch off and ground yourself so that you can enjoy quality sleep. Try vaporising a blend containing Lavender, Vetiver, Geranium, Australian Sandalwood, Patchouli and Ylang Ylang. This simple and earthy blend stops your mind racing so that you can focus on one thing at once like sleeping. It helps to restore some peace and balance to your life during the busiest of times.
2. Reduce intake of alcohol the night before.
3. Sleeping in a cool and dark room, allows you to enjoy a more restful sleep.
4. Not too many heavy refined foods at night as they can lead to sluggish feelings in the morning.
5. Before you go to bed, write a quick note on any thoughts that are in your brain, getting them out allows you to release them until the next day.
6. If you wake and you are sluggish, start with a cold shower or a brisk walk around the block, they both bring energy quickly to a tired soul.
8. Vaporise citrus or leaf essential oils like Orange, Lemongrass, May Chang or Grapefruit to enliven you and give you the maybe needed kick up the bum start to the day. These essential oils will help lift you physically and emotionally. Re-gain the feeling that you are really living and not just existing. Try vaporising this great pick me ‘zig-a-ling up’ morning blend of Sweet Orange, Grapefruit, May Chang and Ginger essential oils.